Thursday 10 April 2014

SHOULD MEN CARRY LADY'S HANDBAG?



Not only do ladies get the broader selection of styles, colors and prints to choose from in women’s clothing. Am not a fashionista but at least I know  a pair of nice heels and handbag should never miss in ladies house for a high heel not all ladies like them but at least a hand bag it’s a must.

A couple of day we were walking on the street with my man and I saw a man carrying a handbag for her lady and I felt a little  jealous and I was like “ Honey why don’t you like carrying my handbag?”, 

I raised  the motion though at the back of my mind though I knew this is the motion  that I will never win, I just wanted to hear his comment  because its  something I had tried before and he has never carried my bag since we started dating .Anyway, that is not the reason am writing  this piece.

It’s a research that has been  done that larger percentage of men would prefer carrying the entire world than to carry a ladies handbag, this is the fact that I have  decided to leave with and I have no problem personally if my man wont carry my handbag.

Ladies hold forever your horses if the man has told you that he doesn’t feel comfortable carrying your handbag let the guy  relax ladies and may we respect their egoism  for the sake of that marriage or relationship.

I don't think its a huge deal but most men make a huge deal of it.
Holding it for a minute isn’t a bad thing and my man hold it for me in some occasion ....but I don't even want to imagine a mental picture my man walking a few meters with my handbag  and am carrying  nothing as much as  I feel a little  jealous(hehehe) when we walk with him on the street and I see  some  men carrying  handbags  for their spouses. there was a reason why it was called lady's  handbag meaning its meant to be carried by ladies
 
There is a picture that  was published  recently by  a local newspaper showing a  bodyguard  for cabinet secretary for defence  Rachael Omamo carrying her hand bang. Yessssss  you heard me a male  bodyguard  carrying  a hand bag for her Madam sorry boss .
Am a lady but this sound ridiculous in a way I can’t imagine how a male bodyguard would carry  a handbag for a his  boss.

Photo: Courtesy of The Star
Shouldn't a lady carry their own handbag? Rachel Omamo would disagree, coz her bodyguard carries it for her. Power !Power! Power ! yes  Sometimes when we get it we get drunk by it. (just thinking).

One often hears stories of men who say they would rather die than carry their wife's or girlfriend's handbag. Then there are those who don't really mind or wouldn't but fear being teased or thought to be less of a man if they did that.

Now, I don't want to make it seem like carrying a woman's handbag is like the ultimate of all symbols of love. The gesture, on its own, is not a definition or confirmation of love, but can be a way to show you care for your partner.

I think that if a girl has two fully functional hands, she should stop taking advantage of the guy!
However, I think it's adorable when a guy helps a girl hold her stuff when her hands are full.
Evelyne Maina ):

No comments: