Monday 8 July 2013

I WILL MARRY A VILLAGE GIRL "MSHAMBA"




Cant  stop smiling as I write this content ,I work in an office whereby  we are only two ladies and several men  hope my boss will  bring more ladies because this isn't fair  there is no gender equality hehehe may be yes may be no I like the fact that we are only two ladies  in the entire office.


Last week on Friday my boss whom we call “ Shosh ”wasn't around and being the fact that it was a Friday afternoon we heard a small talk just to break the boredom and maybe to pass time as we eagerly waited  for weekend. One of the gentlemen whom we call “ Omwami” this is his nickname this guy he is always mindful about other people’s  affair and always seeking attention  he started a topic which amaze me every time.


Omwami   stated Nairobi ladies  are not good enough to be wife material for me  when  time came for me to get married I will go for village girl ” Mshamba”. The entire office busted into laughter of course he now  got the attention he  was  seeking.


My co-worker  who is a lady  answered Omwami “ hehhehehe eti u said  you will marry a village girl   you yourself u look look  like  that mshamba ( village man)  and yet you want to marry one your just for a shock”.  


This moment I could’t control my  tears of laughter my ribs  were cracking and couln’t take it any more I asked Omwami why do u want to marry  a village girl? (nodding his head) He told me listen my sister  you see when you marry a village girl there so many benefits Village girls are simple,lovable,sincere,less demanding,you can mold them in frame which you like.Mmmmh I asked , so Omwami you want to marry  a village girl  out of love or so that you can manipulate her? 


Omwami at this time he was trying to give me a comparison  of the two girls   you see , City girl will demand her space whereas village girl will be happy in household work and kids......however, village girl is a good option if she belongs to your native place..


Other colleagues who were  quite all this time got an opportunity to  give their view in  Omwami’s topic.

One of the gent told Omwami you see no problem any of the  girls  We cannot say that a village girl and a city girl are totally contrary to each other. 

We are of a view that city girls are modern. They are well acquainted with the changing world. After marriage they adjust easily with their life and stands on equal ground with their husbands sharing their problems. But village girls are uneducated and underdeveloped and at the same time very shy. They cannot easily adjust to a city  but it is not the case every time.


Some city girls are also shy and village girls are also smart. Now-a-days education and various development schemes are spread in the whole country.Of course marrying with a village girl is good.They are mostly spiritual. Getting love and support of their husband and his family, they slowly adjust to a city.There is no answer for the comparison who is good.It depends on her nature and your fate.


All this time am Just amazed with two gentlemen and  their way of reasoning ,one of the gent told us you see I have married  a city girl whom we love each other so much and we help each other  with house chores if I get home before her I prepare  supper and on weekends she clean clothes as I prepare lunch  to his shock Omwami stood up  and said look you young man you mean you help  your wife with house chore?.


The gentlemen continues…. that the exact Problem that I don’t want when am married  Eti sharing responsibilities kwanza that one of house chore over my dead body u could  tell that Omwami was really agitated with this city lady.  Village girls are  very obedient they will never tell you to help in house chores , easily awed, not exposed to the worldly things {so to speak}, most likely a virgin and  very gullible. 


So this are the reason why Omwami would go for a village girl you could  see smile in everyone’s  face.

As for me Both ladies  have merits and demerits  So best is to ask your mind & revise your plan for life. How you want your life after marriage. Only thing she must be your type and understanding with you that make u feel comfortable and happy every times.


Evelyne  Maina

No comments: