Blog Archive

Monday 19 May 2014

SENATOR BUY AND BURNS NEWSPAPER AFTER RAPE EXPOSEE'



On Friday, the nation was shocked by news that Kiambu Senator Kimani Wamatangi had raped his house help. Standard Group owned Nairobian Newspaper carried the exclusive.

Here’s an excerpt from the report.
I will never forget July 8, 2006. It was my third day at work as a house help in the Wamatangi household. I can recall the exact time, 1.30pm, because I wanted to watch a programme on television. My boss Wamatangi came home and found his wife with me in the sitting room.

He started quarrelling her, demanding to know why she didn’t go to work. I quickly stepped out of the sitting room and went to the kitchen. I could hear them quarrel in English. I could gather that mzee was not happy.
 After five minutes, madam left for work, and I was left in the house with Wamatangi.

He then summoned me into the living room and asked me to bring him tea.
He asked me to sit down and chat. I politely refused and told him I prefer black tea since I didn’t like milk. That was the moment he pulled me next to him and pushed me onto the sofa.

I started screaming and he slapped me on the face. He then used his hand to cover my mouth. I think my screams must have attracted the neighbour next door because I heard someone knock on the door, but they soon left.
He forcefully removed my panty and forced himself on me. I cried bitterly. I had never had sex. I was a virgin. I was saved and a staunch church member.
I don’t know how long it lasted, but I just lay there, in pain, and too shocked to move.

In a strange twist, Standard is reporting that an outraged Wamatangi issued instructions to some unknown people to ensure that the paper was “out of circulation by close of business.” That was on Friday.

“There is a vehicle buying the current issue of The Nairobian off the streets and the people in the car have told vendors to deliver more copies at Nyayo Stadium,” a vendor told the paper.

“They were spotted buying copies of The Nairobian in large quantities within the CBD and along Kiambu Road. Later on, we saw them burning the papers near a railway line in upper hill and burning them,” a source said.

the nairobian

No comments: